Nicky NickyNicky Nicky Posts: 76

Hello Gardeners World. New member here just thought I would finally sign up so that I could contribute to the site. I have been lurking in the background for a while, but now stepping forward. Was out tending to my seedlings and thought it would be nice to share with someone.  I am currently growing these in the south of France that has its own load of problems mainly being so dry all the time. Soon I hope to move back to England where I will have a much larger garden to grow in so just testing out that I still know how to grow things as its been a while. Anyways here is a quick photo of my seedlings at about 5 weeks old. No idea where I will plant them as I have a very small garden here and what there is of it is mainly paving slabs. So lots of pots EVERYWHERE! image

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,170

Hello Nicky..............looks like you have been busyimage

I moved back to England 2 years ago after 10 years away (mostly France ) and it took me quite a while to get back into the gardening..........both climate wise and the sheer number of new plant varieties available.

My situation is the opposite to yours tho...........from a huge garden to a smaller oneimage

I hope your weather is better than ours at present ( SW England ).  Pouring down here again tho it saves time on the wateringimage

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,569

Welcome Nick good luck with the plantingimage

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,255

Hi Nicky, pleased to meet you. image

Looks like you're goung to be very busy!! 

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017
    Hello Nicky,welcome to the forum.It looks like you've got your hands full there image
  • Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Hi Nicky!  How lovely to live in France.  We always had a little fantasy about living in France, but I can't see it happening any time soon.  (We have signed up as permanent foster carers for out littlies, and living in England is a bit of must!!)  Still, you sound as if you are looking forward to coming back to England too.  So all good.  Things out there need a lot of watering don't they?  The last two years I have found myself picking up a watering can on holiday (Austria 2012, Dordogne 2013 and helping out with the pots!!)  Sign of a looney or a true gardener that I find myself work to do when on holiday, but I don't like to see a dry pot!!  We are a friendly bunch on here, jump on in and post lots xx

• Hi Nicky, welcome to the family. We are a friendly bunch and always up for a chat. Looking forward to reading your gardening tales.image

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,736
    Hi Nicky, enjoy your gardening and the forum .
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 2,930

Hi, Nicky, welcome to the forum

Happy growing. Where in the south are you, my brother has a house in Agde and the neighbours grow veg in their gradens...no need for a GH...toms and cues do really well outdoors...

• Scott EdwardsScott Edwards Posts: 228

Hi Nicky

Welcome to the forum. Hope your move goes well. Sign of a true gardener - having pots full of seedlings even though your about to move.