Forum home Plants

Honeywort

ShutterflyShutterfly Posts: 24

Hi. At 33 years of age, I have decided t

o try my hand at gardening. I've done quite a bit of research and have ordered several plants for the new flower beds I have created.

One of the plants I've purchased is Cerinthe major 'purpurascens' (honeywort). Ideally, I would like to grow this in a container as I am try to make the most of my postage stamp sized garden. I've read that this can be grown in containers but I don't know what size I'll need for the 3 plugs I have ordered and Google hasn't been much help. Can any of you more experienced gardeners give some guidance, please?

• ShutterflyShutterfly Posts: 24

I only have one flower bed in which I could plant, but I'm not sure how well it would work with th other plants I'd like to put there in terms of design and space for the plants

I've looked at plants that I like and which should work with my garden position/soil. I am planning on planting 3 clematis (in addition to other plants) but I'm a little concermed the honeywort won't show up well witht the clematis as a backdrop. I'm also unsure of whether the bed Iis deep enough to accommodate the clematis, honeywort and other plants.

• ShutterflyShutterfly Posts: 24

Okay. Thanks!