Forum home The potting shed

green tom picle

Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

Hi again, can i simply  put the pickle back into the pan to reduce it more as its too runny,its 3 months old bottled up and been kept in the fridge ,tastes good but a little vinegary and thinish, last years was great recipe from here on G/W. I cant think of anything i can thicken it up with without heating again,,heres hoping image  

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,032

Hi Alan, yes you can simmer it in a pan for a bit longer to evaporate some liquid off - use as wide and shallow a pan as you can as that will aid evaporation - don't forget to stir or it'll catch on the bottom.  

Remember to sterilise your jars again and heat them up before filling with hot pickle image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

Great news that Dove, were really pleased with that, just think all that horrible vinegar smell filling the kitchen AGAIN,as we hav,nt got an extractor fitted yet , Many thanks for that matey, were smelling tonightimageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,032

Ooh, I love the way the house smells at pickling time image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh