Forum home Talkback

suggestions please

star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 16,766

I would like to fill a semi shady corner with a clematis which flowers through the summer. Any suggestions please.

Many thanks image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,298

One that I want to find room for and which would look lovely in the shade is Miss Bateman - it's a beautiful glowing white with a fascinating dark maroon centre  http://www.taylorsclematis.co.uk/clematis-miss-bateman.html .

It flowers in May, June and September.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 16,766

Thanks Dove, will look that one up image

Looked it up Dove, looks very nice. Also found another of very simular colouring called Fond Memories and a pinky one called Princess Alexandra.

Does anyone know anything about these please.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,298

Don't know those ones Lily, but this is a pic of HF Young on my north-facing fence - it has huge blooms and flowers now and a second flush in September.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

That looks gorgeous Dove, lovely colour. Might have to get more than one now!!! 

• davids10davids10 Posts: 894

comtesse de bouchaud blooms mid to late summer-color fades in sun so good in shade

Many thanks David, I'm really spiolt for choice, will definitely have to get more than one lol