Forum home The potting shed

Chelsea!

124»

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Thank you for the pictures Obelixx which although I have watched the coverage each evening gave a better insight to the gardens.
    My way is to say could I live with the garden without too many changes, this year no, I would be in there dropping plants in and taking theirs out so none of the gardens lit my wick for me.
    I think most of my time would have been in the Marquee to see the perfection of the plant growing especially the vegetables, there were some very colourful displays, mainly Carol, apart from the night she wore her pyjama's and a house coat. I could listen to her talk plants all day and even Christine was good and I was never a fan. Probably anything to get away from Tich and co.
    Oh well it is over I envy you seeing it Obi, I may make it to one of the coming shows.

Frank.

• yakramyakram Posts: 20

Thank you Obelixx for the lovely photos, which captured the essence of Chelsea.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,885

Glad you liked them Yakram.  Are you gearing up for Tatton?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • yakramyakram Posts: 20

I hope to do a stint on the Tatton info stand Weds morning; depends if I'm chosen.  OH is on the Show info stand that morning.  The 'Lads' are keeping their plans close to their chest at the moment.  Was very hot in the glasshouse today, but I should be let out soon!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,885

I hope your wish is granted.   Hot and steamy here today with cracking thunder storms late afternoon and early evening.    I wouldn't have fancied being in a glasshouse.  It was uncomfortable enough just pottering round a friend's garden and explaining the Chelsea chop to garden group members.

Have a great time if you do go and give my regards to Trillium please, if you see her.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LowennaLowenna Posts: 88

I went to Chelsea last Wednesday. Got there at 8.15am and stayed until 4.30pm. It was great. Joe Swift's and Chris Beardshaw's gardens were lovely. On the whole, the gardens were too green for me - I love vibrant flowers. There were lots of buttercups and cow parsleys on show - I've been trying to eradicate them from my garden image The Great Pavilion was as sumpuous as ever, but I do wish there were places in there to sit down.

I enjoyed the tv coverage too - roll on next year image