Forum home Plants

Plant ID's please

Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

Could you id these plants for me, I'm doing the school garden tomorrow and would like to look like I know what I'm doing, haha ! 

Is this a honeysuckle ? 

same plant as above. 

Is this a campanula of some sort ? 

Is this a honeysuckle / snowberry or something else ?

What is this please ?  I was thinking creeping buttercup ? Someone else thought wild geranium. 

Thank you. x

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,129

You're right - it's a buttercup - it might not be the creeping type, but it's definitely a buttercup.

The first is definitely a honeysuckle - I've checked my books and to me it looks like Fly honeysuckle - Lonicera xylosteum -  described in my Keble Martin as   ',,,. Possibly native in a few woods on calcareous soils in Sussex, elsewhere bird-sown or escaped from gardens, rare. Flowers May. '

Not sure about the other two - I should know what the shrub is - it could be a snowberry but the picture goes a bit blurry when I blow it up. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

ooh a rare honeysuckle, just as well it flowered and I looked today.  I was going to take it out, thinking it was a snowberry.  Goes to show how much I know image

• valrobbovalrobbo Posts: 20

Yes first 2 pic's are honeysuckle, the third could be campanula but also looks like golden rod, the fourth pic' looks remarkably like winter honeysuckle very sweet scented and finally a buttercup. You were pretty much on the ball, all the best for tomorrow

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,391

The 3rd picture might be a Michaelmas daisy.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

oh wow, okay that is all really interesting.  Maybe I need to do a plant plan so going forward other people know what is there. 

thank you for your help.  Interesting re the Golden Rod, because I took some from my garden and planted it there, but not in that place, so I'll compare the two. 

With gardening, you are just learning every day. image