Forum home The potting shed

Visit to Bressingham Gardens Tuesday 20th May

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005
    Nut we live in Lincolnshire - north of the county. To get to Bressingham I would have to drive to Newark, which is 40 - 45 mins, then the train journey involved going to Peterborough, changing for Cambridge, changing for Diss. It varied according to the time of day, but on average took 3 hours. So that would be seven and a half hours travelling, plus leaving all childcare duties to Mr. Bee, who has to go to a parish council meeting tomorrow night, which for someone with M.E. (chronic fatigue syndrome) would have been too much to cope with!! And, tomorrow night teenage son will be packing to go to Germany for a week on the school exchange, (leaves Weds morning). However, I am seriously toying with the idea of going to the GW Live exhibition on the Friday, so if anyone else is up for coffee or something in Birmingham, I think it takes me about 1.5 - 2 hours to drive there - so just about do-able.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,123

Sorry BB, still too far for me image but have a lovely time 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,158

Why don't you start a thread for a GW meetup BB?

I can't be there.  Got a big wildlife count to do starting Friday PM.

We need a mid Lincs garden to do a meet up. image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,870

You could've got a train from Peterborough to Norwich then I could've picked you up BB image  but it would still have been a long journey for you.... and I quite understand about the ME - daughter had it through her teens and twenties following glandular fever - totally mucked up her education and much of what should've been a brilliant time of her life. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005
    Just looked that up Dove, but from Newark, the only conceivable train would be 2 hours and 57 minutes, so still nearly 3 hours, although if I went at another time of the day it would be two and a half hours. I will indeed do a 'blind date' for coffee thread when I finally get around to buying my ticket. Was considering going on the train, but car probably better if I wanted to buy some plants.

One day maybe ...................... image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

If it's not too late, yes please Nut image

Bee, 3 hours is nothing! I've met up with Forkers in Nottingham and I live in Essex! But then I am totes bonkers image I also don't have LO's!

Perhaps we could arrange a Lincolnshire meet sometime - we could stay at MIL's in S. Lincs which would mean we were halfway there already - I'm quite keen on seeing the walled gardens at Normanby Hall - where else is there to choose from in your direction? 

Anyway, we digress - for today the forecast has changed a bit and they're talking about the possibility of thundery showers this afternoon - I'm not going to allow it and will get Fg to wave her wand (however, I shall bring a waterproof jacket as everytime I do that it's never needed).  More important will be sunscreen, floppy hats and money for icecream image  oh, and fully charged cameras image

See you soon Panda - you know where and when image

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

Have a great day, guys! Don't forget the photos! image

• Cleo13Cleo13 Posts: 106

Have a good time everyone going image