What plant is growing in my garden?

MichukMichuk Posts: 32

any idea what any of these are?

• DaisyheadcaseDaisyheadcase Posts: 315

Choisya, cotoneaster, aquelia (maybe), a wild buddleija...not sure what that thing middle back is..

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790

Middle thing at the back is a Euphorbia (caper spurge)  watch the milky sap doesn't get on your skin. 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

In addition to daisy's collection I can see a Lonicera nitida probably ' Baggeson's Gold', Euphorbia lathyris, a cornus coming in from the left and a bramble.

Weeding tomorrow please, the bramble and all that grassimage 

• MichukMichuk Posts: 32

when i took over it, it was fall of grass and weeds and all sorts so i cleared it and know these plants have appeared.

I did plant some lavender seeds there back in april, so left it till i knew. 

I also put some sunflower seeds in but i dont think i have had much luck with them.

This is my 1st year a have a garden. I live in a ground floor flat so only have small borders. Unfortunately the council have yet to cut the grass.

Any advice to make this area better apart from weeding. How can i identify bramble/weeds?

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,183

Michuk.........I've a feeling your Lavendar seeds won't be too successful just sowing in that border.  Far better to see if a kind neighbour has one and will take cuttings for you.

You don't say what aspect the border is so a bit difficult to recommend plant ideas.  Also what sort of thing do you like ?

I wouldn't worry about identifying a bramble..........basically if it grows at a tremendous rate and has thorns, it's probably a brambleimage  Other weeds are more difficult to identify unless you know what you are looking at.

what is this one?

its a south facing garden.

I like plants with lots of flowers, which will give colour most of the year.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,503

That's the Choisya.  Judging from the colour, possibly Choisya ternata 'Sundance'.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

That one is a choisya

I just typed screeds and it all disappeared somewhere.

I would just keep the shrubs and weed all else. Then introduce plants rather than seeds unless they're cheap and cheerful annuals. Perennial seeds are too slow to compete with weeds in the garden.