The Perfect Gentleman

Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017

Just to let you guys know,Mike sent Theresa (Mrs Fish) a box of chocolates to cheer her up.I picked it up from the Post Office today. I've known Mike for barely three weeks (or the rest of you lovely people),and yet I'm bowled over by his compassion that has left both Theresa and myself deeply touched.I've honestly never known a forum as friendly and kind as this one,and I've been on a few in the 14 or so years I've been on the internet.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,737

He's a good soul isn't he? You're  right - many very good people here. image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• Wow! That's an amazing act of kindness, Fishy....especially when seen that in the context that it's just a forum.

I'll say an extra prayer for him tonight.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,680

He is a star isn't he image  I do hope he's doing ok 

And I hope that your wife is feeling much better now. 

I'm so glad to hear your comments about this forum Fishy - I think I've made some real friends here image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

I don't know the story behind this thread, but I certainly agree with the above comments; there are really good people on this site.image

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

I wish we could do something for Mike.  I was thinking that if I lived near him I would pop round and offer to cut the lawn or weed while he is out of action, but of course I'm miles and miles away.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,680

I was feeling the same Busy Bee .............. 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,173

A nice thought BB............I'd think the best everyone could do for Mike is just to listen and support.......he seems pretty hardy to me and he certainly enjoys the support of most forum posters. He'll be back telling us stuff before you know it ..........I'm sureimage

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

I do hope so Philippa - it's been a rubbish weather day here for gardening, but in a good moment, I saw this and, much as I'm not really a believer in celestial things, I

hoped it was a sign to say Mike's operation had gone well.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,173

BB2............looks  a  good  omen to meimage  .

I confess, digging over my new allotment this pm, I would have welcomed such  a sight............but alas, just wind, wind, windimage

Mike's well out of it today.............he'll bounce back............without a doubt.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017

Hi peeps, yes hopefully the op went well today and he'll be back posting very soon.

Dove - many thanks and she's getting there,still in some discomfort (doctor-speak for pain) but it will take time.

artjak - Mike pmed me after I said about Theresa having her op.He asked for my real world address so he could send Theresa some flowers.I mentioned that she couldn't have cut flowers in the house because she is asthmatic,and suggested chocolates.So there it is and send them he did bless him.

Busy bee - I'm sure that is a sign and a beautiful picture too.