Forum home The potting shed

Beechgrove

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,324

Yeh,  but Mr B is much nicer to look at than Jim, and you can always turn the sound off...image

Jim's 80th birthday prog was excellent, and repeated recently, but I don't think it was available down south. He's a great character with a typically (Scottish) dry sense of humour. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

•  There's an image I have to take note of: Phaidra with risen hackles! image

Last edited: 25 July 2016 18:26:32

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

What an odd remark, Verdun. He can't help his height, can he?

I prefer Beechgrove to GW, for the reasons others have given, but also because it somehow feels more homely. I wish the BBC would stop cancelling it - perhaps we need another petition!

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

i love bg but carol rolling every 'R'  really grates on me lol, i love jim the best

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

I do like Carol. And Jim, of course.

• Good morning, new here but feel I need to jump to CBs defense. I love Beechgrove especially when he is on. I've heard him talk loads of times and he is always witty, knowledgeable, friendly and passionate. He's also very good on the eye. I like Jim and Carol too (except the rolling R's too) its George I'm not so keen on. Beechgrove crams a lot into half-hour and is never long enough. Any programme about gardening is good in my book, we don't have enough.