Forum home Talkback

Help!!! Attaching photos from an ipad?

I have taking some photos of some plants I don't know the name of and wanted some advice, but I can't seem to attach them from the ipad. How do you do it? 

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,206

angela - can you see the green tree icon on the tool bar in your "angela says" box ? Click on that and follow the instructions - choose an existing photo to pick up ones you have already taken - and you have to be a bit patient, it takes about 30secs to upload a photo.  I use my iPad to post photos all the time - and i am a technophobeimage

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • thanksI thanks, I have tried this but it asks for the computer or external drive but won't search in my pictures image

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,362

In the 'my computer' tab that comes up does it say 'select'?

• Perfect thank you image

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Glad i've seen this because i have just baught one so i can send photo's as it dosn't work on my phone :-\
  • Stacey DochertyStacey Docherty Posts: 1,759

On my iPad And iPhone you have two picture options camera roll and my photos it only uploads from my photo stream ( 2nd one)

Weird - i don't even get a tree icon on my iPhone, but can upload from roll or stream on iPad - strange how they work so differently for peopleimage

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,337

It might be something to do with which version of iOS an iPad is running.  One thing that could be worth trying is using a different web browser to the built-in one (called Safari.)  There are a few more listed here:

http://www.imore.com/best-alternative-web-browsers-ipad-google-chrome-dolphin-mercury-and-more

I seem to remember someone posting thread that said they managed to upload using the Puffin browser.

It would really help other folk if those who can upload using an iPad could tell the forum what version of iOS and browser they use, although that may be a bit too techie for many.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

I am on ios 7.1.1, and iPad works fine (using safari) but iphone has limited toolbar - no photos or smileys.  hope that helpsimage

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,337

Cheers Chicky!  image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.