Forum home Talkback

What is this?

My grandma has a beautiful plant in her garden which she has lost the label for. She would like some more and I was hoping to get her some for her upcoming birthday. Any suggestions? 

http://webkit-fake-url://C6D884BC-546A-483B-A3DF-EE1859C6891D/imagejpeg

Thank you!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Sorry Charlie I can't open the picture.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,378

Hi Charlie - the picture hasn't worked.  To post a pic on here you need to click on the green tree icon on the toolbar above where you type your post, and follow the instructions. 

It doesn't seem to work on phones or tablets.

Lovely idea to get some more plants for your grandma - looking forward to being able to help out image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=fabbbc47a0&view=fimg&th=145cdf28f2e77847&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8OxbJPqi9DEbg5LQwxSt01J3SgLwxqJOA1w6d-xZ7rjqok2L0JlrJxu8T_xIUFHEi-lkcZxFgPPiZhkZiuE3nJNQIE8Se09RqzS1Oh37LDqaNFYr9qV6CGx1E&ats=1399319598740&rm=145cdf28f2e77847&zw&sz=w1265-h544

She suggested that it could be a Geum? I had a look and understand there are 50 varieties but I couldn't identify any that looked like this? 

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,900

Still not able to see the image.

Third time lucky?! 

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,207

Looks like a lithodora to me - you can get them plain blue, like yours, or blue with a white cross in the centre.  

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • BamboogieBamboogie Posts: 239

lithodora diffusa

• Wonderful! Thank you so much! image

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 782

Charlie, just dashed out and took a photograph of my little Lithodora 'Heavenly Blue'.  This one is on it's third year and was the same size as your grandma's when I planted it in 2012.  I originally planted it in a very dry spot but it didn't grow.  So last Spring I dug it up and put it in a tiny bed I made from piled up roof slates and filled only with multi-p compost.  I mulched it for last winter and this Spring it has really grown and is blooming well.  It faces west and gets the sun from mid morning until evening and it seems to like where it is now.

• That's beautiful Yarrow2 image She has just planted hers out after being in the greenhouse throughout the winter. I shall let her know and I hope the ones that I buy will become as wonderful as yours!