Forum home Wildlife gardening

What animal did this come from

I was wondering if anyone might be able to ID which animal left me this treat on my lawn ?  Never seen one like that before ? 

I'm kind of hoping it might be hedgehog as I've always wanted one in my garden. 

Apologies if you have just eaten dinner. 

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043

Seems a bit big for a hedgehog, maybe a fox or badger.

• I'm sorry, I don't think it's hedgehog. It looks like bird poop of some kind? Fox poo is much larger and really smells, and badger is dark and larger than this I think.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I don't think hedgehog they tend to have indents along the poo. Whatever it was it seems a bit lacking in fibre image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286

Doesn't look like any hedgehog poo we get in our garden image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,144

I think pheasant.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286

If I were you I'd go on the Wild about Britain Forum and ask there  http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/forums/general-wildlife/118515-any-idea-what-these-dropping.html 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LorrainePLorraineP Posts: 218

Agree with you Dove, Hedgehog poo darker and looks bit like cat poo.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

I would agree it looks like bird poo.  Badger poo is usually runny.  Fox poo looks like a dog poo with pointy end.

• I'm still thinking it's bird poo. They quite often have white bits on them like at the bottom of this one.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,467

It's not a wood pigeon is it?