Forum home Talkback

GArden Fork Recommendation

BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226

I seem to go through garden Forks at a rate of knots. My latest is a joseph Bentley Model which now has only 3 prongs.

I love the design of it with the wooden handle but it obviously is made from cheap steal. 

Anyone recommend a good one I don't mind paying top whack if it lasts more than a year!

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,562

My best one was my grandad's

my second best one came from a stall at a Sunday market.

They don't make them like they used to

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

the best ones are the old ones,I have my father-in-laws and one from the 70s,they are much stronger and you can re place the handles (have all old tools such as rakes,shovel, hoe ) and very few new ones as they don't last.where to find them? If not a relative in jumble sales and even dare I say it skips! found a old pair of sheares  and cleaned them up and they work fine.image

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,368

Bluebaron, I lent a friend my Joseph Bentley fork and spade and she snapped one of them. Well she rang them and without a receipt got a replacement sent... which was very nice of them.image

My trowel's gone bendy now after only a few months, but I don't have the balls to ring them.

Might be worth a try though? 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,546

Gardena, a German company, make excellent tools (German efficiency and all that) and offer a 10 year warranty.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Mmm. I have went through many a garden spade with my heavy soil but never lost a fork yet. I use a cheap as chips own make garden fork.