Forum home Talkback

Not Gardener's World

2»

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

I do like your Nigel!!  Ready for action.  My pets are hard to see, and not much in evidence when the temperature is going down, but I will get a picture of them lurking about the hive, and Ib the pheasant wasn't around today, but maybe that means his babies are leaving the nest.  Saw an adolescent pheasant on the lawn earlier, but wouldn't have thought this year's brood would be that big yet.  Our lowest predicted is 2 degrees archiepem, which going by previous experience probably means we won't get it here, but nothing tender is out and uncovered anyway, so we should be okay.  Tracey, tomorrow night is your gardeners night in with the telly!!  I would like to watch the back catalogue of the allotment challenge as I haven't seen any of that.  But you have to book the big telly here and I can't get i-player on my bedroom portable. 

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

You're right Bee, tomorrow is my garden tele catch up image I have allotment challenge to catch up on too, I've only watched the first one.

Only forecast to get down to 5c here on the coast Archie, but will check my GH before bed.

I saw your Ib on another post the other day Bee, he is lovely image The other day I was stood for ages (with my camera) watching the bees on the apple tree, absolutely mesmerising image

Yes, they are rather fascinating when you spend time watching them.  At the moment they are taking an active interest in everything I get up to, which can be annoying, but most of the things I garden in are dark colours, so that means they think I'm a bear and are on their guard.  I should wear paler colours, but they make a person look fatter, so I rarely buy anything that isn't black or navy. 

Ha ha, you sound just like me so much Bee, I try not to wear colours that are too pale, although my sister wants me in a pale peach bridesmaid dress....eek!!

This is the first year I have actually noticed the smell from my apple tree, I don't know why I've never noticed before but the blossom smells lovely, it seems really strong at the moment.

Me neither - will have to give ours a sniff tomorrow - if I get a moment.  We are doing respite care for the day for two more foster children - so that's four in all image.  Can't imagine I will be doing much in the garden, apart from keeping an eye on the trampoline.  Peach??? Oh dear, that is a very difficult colour to carry off.  I am eternally grateful that nobody asked me to be a bridesmaid after the age of about 7, as I much prefer to choose my own outfits.  Peach... could you get her to think again?

Nope, all invites and flowers chosen. It is pale peach though, not a 'bright' peach.  I am going looking at dresses tomorrow.  You foster children?  Good for you, that must be so rewarding image

Pale might be okay then.  Bright orangey peach was very popular in the eighties and nineties, and was one of those colours that didn't really suit the blondes, or the brunettes, or the red-heads or the ladies of colour.  Nice for the flowers I suppose.  My accent colour was copper.  Worked quite well.  Fostering is rewarding, but not always easy.  Ours are long term now, so kind of like they are part of the family image.  Suits us well as they are settled, and I wouldn't like to keep going through the first few months over and over again with different children. 

That's good to hear Bee, there are so many children that need a loving stable family.

Definitely could not do bright, no no no, but then neither would my sister so that's ok image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,463

BusyBee imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh