Forum home Plants

tree Id

Please could you help identify this tree thankyou

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,274

Can't see the leaves very well, even when I zoom in - can we have a bit more detailed picture please image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ok ill try another picture

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,391

Bob, it came out sideways so I've rotated it for you.  I think it's a type of cherry - possibly an edible one as my one year old Stella looks like that right now.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

• Thanks it would be great if it was a edible

It does look like a cherry of some sort - did you inherit it in a new garden? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Its in a new garden but I planted it this winter, I was given it, but they don't know what it is either,  

Where did they get it from? image

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,391

What Dove is getting at is that if it grew by itself in the garden of whoever gave it to you, it will almost certainly be a wild cherry.  Decorative but can grow big.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • I see, it was growing close to a Cherry tree which has lots of pink blossom but produces no fruit, this has white flowers so assumed it was a different tree