Forum home Talkback

plastic greenhouse

Hello everyone, I recently bought a small plastic greenhouse. I read lots of posts about how they get blown about in the wind, so I've anchored it securely. But I've observed that my plants don't get much sunlight in there. The plastic is a greenish one. Is that going to be bad for my plants or will they grow alright in there? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,434

they'll be fine. get gardening. 

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

I noticed that Aldi will have the little walk in greenhouses tomorrow

143 x 73 x 95 cm  with racking.  £29.99

Ideal for anyone who is just starting gardening and needs a bit of space instead of trying to cram everything on windowsills.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Yes that's the one I got, fidgetbones

Thanks hostafan. .. But it's really shady in there image

Loony, open it up during the day and just close it down at night as it cools down. Have confidence and just go for it. We all mistakes, and that's how we learn.

Devon.
  • Ok then, here goes!

Thanks for giving me the confidence image

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. welcome to the club. Keep us posted.

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

I bought one, two years ago. It was great for hardening off the surplus from the main greenhouse. As hostafan says, roll up the door in the day when the sun shines and roll it down at night. The cover will probably only last two years. I'm using the racking in my new poytunnel, as the cover was past it, and I've gone for bigger this time.

£70 for a 2m x 3m  It was doing great until the blackbird got trapped in it yesterday.

He must have been sunning himself or dozing when I closed it up the other day. Yesterday was so cold I didn't open it, this morning was carnage.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

the builders started digging out for the base of my new polytunnel yesterday. Soooooooo excited.

Devon.
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    My plastic green house was from wilkinsons, its a clear one and i keep my heavy plant pots in the bottom, i'm growing my curly kale in it at the moment, they are doing well, wilkinsons also sell the plastic covers seperatley hey are ??4.00 image
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    They are ??4.00 i meantimage