Courgettes wilting

Hi,

Novice veg grower here image

I bought a pack of courgettes seeds from Homebase which I planted in a try about 4 weeks ago.

After about 2 weeks the seeds germinate started growing.

This morning I decided to transplant them in to larger individual pots.

I watered them in the new pots and almost straight away they started wilting.

Anyone know why this might have happened?

Will they recover or are they doomed????

I have them inside on my kitchen window ceil.

Many thanks

An.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,724

I would imagine courgettes are like cucumbers, and they definitely sulk when transplanted.  I thought i had lost all mine last week, when i potted them on - they drooped alarmingly.  But within a couple of days they had perked up - and now look fine again.  Pretty sure your courgettes will be the same ..... So don't panic yetimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

Just a little tip, if you are sowing large seeds like this just put 1 seed in each pot saves transplanting later.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,565

Similar technique here - I sow one seed in each peat fibre pot then when they need potting on and planting out they don't even come out of the pot - the pot is thoroughly soaked and then the whole thing is planted.   Saves root disturbance. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• as007as007 Posts: 94
    Do you think they will come good? Or have I disturbed them too much? image(,
  • They look a bit wet but then if you only just watered them that's why but I  would say if you haven't watered them in the last few hours before the pic there too wet. They will probably perk up just keep them where you had them before. I always individually germinate my seeds in pots of there own about the size you have there or a bit bigger and it cuts down on stress to the plants as they can go strait into the garden without messing about 

• ninnin Posts: 216

Mine looked just like the ones in the picture on Thursday after I dropped the tray and all the plants landed upside down out of the pots had to pot them up again. By Saturday couldn't tell which tray i dropped just watered and put on a sunny window and they perked right up.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Hi Ansh. I would suggest they weren't quite ready for potting on, they can stay in quite small pots until they appear to be bursting out. Let them dry out a bit and keep in a sunny location. I'm sure they will perk up image

• Bf206Bf206 Posts: 234

I've still got mine in a 6 cell tray - Black Forest climbing variety so they're growing up rather than out. Just getting first true leaves so I presume they can stay in there for a while longer? My plan is then to pot the, on to say 4" pots and put them in cold frame for a week or so, then into the ground (poss with fleece). Does that sound sensible?