Forum home The potting shed

What's for tea?

A thread where we can all talk about what we're having for dinner, home grown or not.

Tonight I will be having corned beef hash with dumplings made by my Yorkshireman other half. Yum.

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

We have scampi and chips! And jess wants beans and sausages in a tin as well! Gotta love a 3 year olds choices! image

Might have jam roly poly for pudding. image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Fish, potatoes, cabbage, probably stir fried with onion and garlic (OH speciality).

fromage frais and fruit pot for afters. Forgot to make jelly

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

We all need a three year old style dinner some days, I had one yesterday although it was very beige. 

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

OH changed his mind. Now having broccoli and peas. Neither from garden!!

Good idea for a thread Leggi. Do you think there'll be recipes? Apple cake??

• Mushroom omelette and salad, but had a snack of a piece of pork pie when I got in from work. Buy it at the farm shop on my way home. Naughty but yummy.
  • Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Vegetable Curry & Pilau Rice (plus bag of prawn crackers!).  Apple Cake & Cream for afters . BJ - I'm sure we'll be recipe swapping soonimage 

Becks - have you eaten all those mince pies already ? image

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

No caroline, not yet. Those are my supper! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,934

Gammon steaks, spicey wedges, beetroot and carrot salad and the last of the sweetcorn from the garden.image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,212

I missed lunch and didn't fancy home made soup and fruit for tea,so as it was Friday bought a Chinese on the way home, duck chow meinimage

• Recycled Chinese take-away!  We're eating our way through the freezer (needs defrosting) & using up the former left-overs which I froze.

Apple cake - aaahhh that would be yummy imageimage