Forum home Talkback

plant IDS

BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226

I have started to dig out my ground elder and have had to resort to removing all the plants.

This grass like club is going to be a nightmare to remove an I was wondering what it is and weather is worth saving?

It's a bit tricky to see but tulips and geraniums aside!

Also I have these invaders in a bunch. I wasn't sure if it was fully grown ground elder or not. Its the 3 with the purplish tops and oak tree shaped leaves.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,373

The first pic:  The grass-like stuff looks like muscari leaves (grape hyacinths).

The second pic: The plant with the purplish tops and oak-leaf shaped leaves isn't ground elder - don't know what it is tho - someone will image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226

Thanks Dove but don't muscari Flower in spring these are still only small leaves.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,560

In the top pic I can see ground elder, aquilegia and something else that could be one of the michaelmas daisies or possibly achillea ptarmica

I can see purplish tips in pic 2 and I should know what they are but it won't come to me.

A few pics from different angles might help

• BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226

Got another clump of the same stuff here.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,560

looks like a geranium on the left, aquilegia on the right, some crocus leaves and bluebells but I can't do the one right in the middle