Forum home The potting shed

Decision of the day

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,315

Hello Linda Taylor image I was at school with Linda Taylor - is that you?  It was a very long time ago ................................. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,638

We had so much rain yesterday its filled all the butts, and some of them are huge!.

My decision of the day, after a long days gardening, do I cook the roast lamb dinner (did put meat in at 3)or make a sandwich and put me feet up?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

If you have some nice baguettes or ciabatta I would have roast lamb baguettes and chips for a quicky tea image

My dilemma is go and sow some seeds in my planters or take it easy???

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    My decision of the day - do I leave clematis alpina Pamela Jackman in its pot for first year when im sure its in the right place, or just plant it? Took all of 5 seconds to go fetch the spade!

I love Clematis alpina Pamela Jackman - I planted this one in 2012 - look at it now! image

Plant it, give it some FB&B, water it and stand well back image

Decision ........ where can I plant some more Clematis alpinas?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Oh that's lovely Dove image I don't know what variety of Clematis it is that I have but it's in a pot (which I've since realised may be wrong image), but it is coming along very nicely seen as it was a rescue one at the end of last summer. I'm looking forward to it flowering and then someone may be able to help me ID it.

I love Clematis and am seriously thinking of getting another, they are so pretty image

Oh you must get another clematis - it's like keeping chickens - it's cruel to only have the one image

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Dove, I got Pam after your recommendation, can't wait til it looks like yours.

Ha ha Dove......that's what I said about roses and suddenly I seem to own 7!!!  I only had 1 a few months ago image I can't think where I'd put a clematis, would love it against the back wall but it would have to go in a pot and that's not good, is it? I have just seen one called Happy Birthday, £15 on crocus and very pretty, would be a most appropriate use of birthday money image

• Hi Dove-I don't think so, as Taylor is my married name. But I was a Green, which I suppose is appropriate for a gardening forum!image