Decision of the day

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790

The weather man (and it was a chap I listened to on R4 on Saturday morning) promised me that we would have heavy rain yesterday and last night, so on Saturday I treated the front lawn with Weed & Feed - have we had any rain?  Have we heckaslike image 

I've done everything I know to make it rain.  I've hung a load of jeans on the line and left them out overnight.  I've watered all the pots.  I've had the car cleaned. Not a drop has fallen from the sky image 

Shall I set up the sprinkler on the lawn this morning and water the treatment in, or will that be a waste of a precious resource as it's bound to rain later .........

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790

I think there's every likelihood of that Verdun - I'll guarantee that even with the Weed & Feed, I'll have more dandelions than you image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,271

We had all the rain here. That's because I watered everything well on Saturday morning. Put the sprinkler on ,dove.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 14,721

we had a delightful amount of nice steady rain for most of yesterday ( Norht Devon) which has done the garden the power of good. I swear I could actually see the hostas bigger every time I looked from the window.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

We were promised rain yesterday. I watered in the new plants but left the shreddings mulch til after the rain. So do I hope to get rain in the next couple of days or mulch now before it gets any dryer

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,275

We were promised rain yesterday too, and boy did we get it! It was raining from about 8ish nonstop till about 5.30. And not just a drizzle, it was hammering it down the whole time. Hopefully they are wrong for the next few days, rain forecast till weds image......not raining at the mo......

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790

Think you must've had our share too Lily image  hazy sunshine here now - no sign of rain ............ line full of washing too image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

We were promise rain too, for about 4 hours in the night, but it never arrived.  I too have tried hanging washing out, even singing, the only thing I haven't done is kill a spider.....still no rain image I've used half a water butt of water already and think I will have to get the hosepipe out later and then do a major slug hunt tonight ....... Urghhhhhh image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,892
    Its meant to be raining here too. I've washing out, electrical cables running across the garden, I've already watered my pots, I've even loudly mentioned BBQ but still the sun shines!

I'm putting the weed and feed on tonight and hoping for the promised rain that may now come down tomorrow.

Funny just a few months ago I was using a bucket to drain the water off my garlic!!

Today's big decision for me is where does the wormery go. I really don't want them cooking!!
  • Put my pricked out seedlings into the greenhouse today.....guess what..way too warm, and they have all got frazzled by the heat!! Will have to start again with my Broccoli, Cabbages and Caulis....oh poo!!