Forum home Garden design

never had a pond and would like a small one

Hi, i fancy adding a small pond to my garden that's on a hill, anyone got any dos and don'ts advice would be very much appreciated x

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,100

I would say that the major thing is making sure the pond is level...........nothing worse than a nicely constructed pond which is on the tilt.  The fact you are wanting to construct on a hill makes this even more important.

Perhaps you could post some photos of the intended site and some measurements and then I am sure there will be plenty of advice forthcomingimage

• lisealsliseals Posts: 74

not the best of pics but will give you an ideanot the best of pics but will give you an idea

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,862
    If you are building a pond on a slope, it might be an idea to consider constructing a raised pond and that will get rid of the problem of trying to get the thing level.....or it should do.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,786

Just a thought, but a slope give you the opportunity of using a small pump and creating a water feature on two levels, with a stream or waterfall image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh