Forum home The potting shed

Rhubarb Crumble

2»

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

That takes me back to wonderful childhood days Tray14! Best eaten whilst looking for the next stalk to pull!

• lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

If you get all crumbled out (if that's possible) then rhubarb and ginger vodka is lovely.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,548

Apple crumble and custard..............sorry don't like rhubarb image...but that could be something to do with school dinners lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No expertNo expert Posts: 415

Rhubarb with all of the above. Yum!

• LorrainePLorraineP Posts: 218

Evaporated milk for me, please . . . . on fruit crumble or fruit pie.  Mmmm luurrrvly!!

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Normal milk for me image If not, evap will do! 

Never custard image 

I do, however, like cream on my ice cream, it goes hard. Yummy image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

It does go hard Panda image Does anyone remember that stuff you could put on ice cream when you were little, it went hard and you could get different flavours - Ice Magic - cream on ice cream is like a grown up Ice Magic image

Not had evaporated milk for years, might have to try that too. 

I've decided I need to make another crumble and try a bit with each of the different toppings image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Evaporated milk - now that is a blast from the past for me. I remember my dad always opening about an inch with a tin opener and us pouring it from the tin. yum! 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,863

Waitrose still sell Carnation Evaporated Milk. Another childhood memory, just like the raw rhubarb dipped in sugar Tray 14

Devon.