Forum home Talkback

Problem with Fatsia

I have a lovely Fatsia planted two springs ago  It is about 3ft high and was doing beautifully.  The new batch of leaves, about 10 of them are curled as if ready to splay out but are light brown and look sick.  Will they become green when bigger.  Most of the leaves look good and green but some may be a bit yellow tinged.  I would hate it to 'pass away'  Any helpful hints please.

• JAC51JAC51 Posts: 69

Hi susiejenny, my fatsia is 5ft high and 6ft wide, the 2nd biggest thing in my garden. It also has new leaves that look as though they're ready to wilt and die, but I believe that's just what they look like before uncurling and turning a beautiful shiny green. fingers crossed!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,830

I googled Fatsia new growth and found this  http://www.growsonyou.com/question/show/7434-fatsia-problem 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Mine looks the same as well. They do look a little odd, but the largest leaf is starting to unfurl and looks green inside. I think it's as JAC51 says and it's just what they do image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,357

It's just what they do. Those ten leaves will be lovely soon Susiejenny image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks for helpful comments.  Glad I hung on in there as they ARE now growing green.  Yipee.