Places you go when the weather improves

Not exactly gardening I know, but Tuesday I visited Carding Mill Valley in Shropshire.  It did have grass and heather image It was truly beautiful.  Where have you been lately?

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

been east Quantocks , a lovely place next to the Quantock hills.Its a lovely spot to walk and have a good cream tea at Kilve.

• Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

Savill Gardens, Surrey, Rhododendrons will be out soon, I can't wait.  Now I just need to find the punchbowl which is a valley full of them. stunning. 

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,565

Wakehurst Place in Sussex, beautiful flowers a lovely place to walk.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,410

Is it the Devil's Punchbowl you are looking for Peanuts?  If it is, it is fabulous now that the A3 doesn't thunder through it any more.  Its right on my doorstep image

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • What a coincidence; I went on a school geography trip (many, many years ago...)to the Shropshire area & the Carding Mill Valley was where we studied on one of the days.

A couple of weeks ago we spent a few days in Somerset - had a lovely dinner at a pub in Kilve, then a few days around Twickenham. From there we met friends & went to Wakehurst, somewhere that we often visited when we lived near there. Only ever visited the Savill Gardens a couple of times, but the rhodies were stunning.

We also wanted to see the punchbowl & Hindhead without the A3 but didn't get time. Next visit maybe!

Try and get there Jeannie - it is great now.  However, no rhodedendrons ...... Have realised Peanuts is probably talking about Savill Gardens very own punchbowl ( not the devil's one image)

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,634

Oh, the time I spent queuing in traffic around the Devil's Punchbowl. Thank our lucky stars for the tunnel.

Devon.

It is a wonderful thingimage . We walked through it a few weeks before it was officially opened to traffic - i know how to treat my girls to a great day out imageimage

• pierispieris Posts: 18

Has Carding Mill Valley got a shop there? The pic looks familiar, bought a cookery book from the shop and walked to a waterfall a few years ago

• Savill Gardens is beautiful in the spring. After you've enjoyed the garden I recommend the cream scones. Some of the biggest I've ever seen! Delicious way to finish a day out.