Hyacinth?

zebrinazebrina Posts: 24

Wondering if anyone knows what the plant in the foreground is? It looks like some kind of hyacinth to me but I can't find one similar. thanks

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

They look like Bluebells image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Bluebells, of the Spanish variety I believe! Bloomin nuisance in my garden image

Jinx Matt image

• Foodie40Foodie40 Posts: 53

Definitely Bluebells - I dug up my Spanish last year, trying to only have English ones now but are pink ones English?

Think the Spanish ones come in pink white and purple - sorry Foodie image At least they do round here!

Hi Panda have just checked in the plant section here and English bluebells also come in pink and white, I'll see how they come out, if they drop to one side then I'll say they're English and will be very happyimage shall let you know. They're grown very well this year at least something liked all the rainimage

I apologise Foodie, and hope they are indeed English image I'll be hoofing out a lot of my Spanish ones this year as they have spread like billy-oh image

Ahh Spanish ones are ok too - no apology necessary it's all about gaining info on a subject we all enjoyimage 

• zebrinazebrina Posts: 24

Thanks all. Judging by what it says here about Spanish ones having upright stems, and here about having non-white pollen, it seems they are Spanish. And that would tally with them having taken over the garden.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,753

Pretty certan pink ones are not  English natives - they can be hybrids between the English and the Spanish http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17597489 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !