Forum home Garden design

Expensive gardening mistake - help needed

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I still say; heavy duty chicken netting, fastened well into the soil and then plant in pockets, cutting the wire where needed.image

• Palaisglide wrote (see)

We have all done it, what looks good on paper turns out to be a disasterrrr darling.

Quick fix and now is the time to do it, buy and scatter some wild meadow seed plenty of it after raking the bank into a semblance of order, the growth quite rapid will stabilise the soil and hold it in position, how else do banks work in nature the grass sod holds it.

Add some shrubs in pockets along the bank even in pots if you have to, a couple of taller ornamental grasses will take root in time.

The green bit at the bottom of the bank near the building could be paved or gravelled, it looks as if you could get some posts in there near the bank to hold a gravel board, all those things will help and it time you will wonder what the fuss was about.

Alternatively hire a JCB and dig a canal through the middle to the nearest water way for the boat, just a thought.

Frank.

Thank you for the adviceimage Perhaps I should move  Midnight Blue ( our boat ) to the middle of the mound and then she could be a garden feature - lol!

The ' green bit '  has bed rock underneath, so we'd need a kango hammer  to put in posts. The mound also has bedrock underneath. I already have a large box of wild flower seeds.

What kind of shrubs should I get ? I'm assuming something that will grow larger than the Hebe's I've already put in. Also need stuff that is tolerent to strong winds and salt air.

• artjak wrote (see)

I still say; heavy duty chicken netting, fastened well into the soil and then plant in pockets, cutting the wire where needed.image

What would be the best way to secure the chicken wire please?

Tent pegs?image

BIG tent pegs!

• artjak wrote (see)

BIG tent pegs!

Thank you.

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Love the boat Hartley image Am allowed boat envy? image

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

I just sooo want to see a photo of this......now and post fix snaps please Hartley! 

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Noodle, Hartley posted a link to his(?) photo bucket account where two pics can be seen image

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

Oops, a guilty of skimming....image 

Ta, Panda.image