Plant identification 1

Can anyone help me identify the attached shrub please?  It flowers around late May / early June, and has bright orange flowers on long stems.  I hope I don't appear ignorant, but it would be great to know so I can work out how to best care for it:

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 5,192

Not ignorant at all, we all have to start somewhere. It looks like a Geum to me.

Ku Klux Klan serve hot soul food and the band plays in the mood

• Amazing!  I have just googled, and that's exactly what it is.  Thanks so muchimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Oooh, I guessed one right, I was just about to say Geum image (I'm getting clever LOL).  I only know because I've just bought one called Totally Tangerine image

Not ignorant at all Lottie, as you can see from my above comment there are very few plants I can identify but I have learnt loads on here image From what I read I think they are quite east to care for (which is why I got it!) 

Yes easy to look after and you can split them fairly frequently to make new plants for free.

imageimage I could make a whole new Tangerine team.....we need it image

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

It does look like a Geum, but that's not a shrub. How big is it?

OL., if Geums came in blue and white, anew football team would be a great idea. [ THFC, in case you were wondering, 50 years, good and bad ]

You had a good win at weekend though didn't you? Unlike us, joke of a club at the moment, was actually quite scary on Tuesday night when the fans started protesting against the chairman and as his crew!!!

• Yes Geum's are very easy hardy perennials to grow I have 10 in my garden 7 of which I grew from seed and where I live in the south they keep most of their leaves over winter.  If you keep deadheading they flower their socks off some of them right into autumn.

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

OL, hahaha, I so wish there was a like button for you tangerine team comment! image

I've sowed some Geum 'Lady Statheden' seeds last autumn, but none came up and ai don't know why - can anyone shed any light on it? image