Forum home Talkback

trying to identify this shrub, have tried with two pictures, hope it helps

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

Buddleja?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,170

Are these the same pics as last week.?

Can we have a close up of the leaves?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,569

Those leaves should have developed a bit more by now, give us more of a chance

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,475

looks like some form of Sambucus. ( elder) but I'd not risk my reputation on it.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,557

Have we thought about the Wayfaring Tree - viburnum lantana?

http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/tree_gallery/wayfarng_tree/wayfaring_tree.html 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,569

I think it could any number of things. The leaves or a good close up of the emerging  leaves would help

• Ok cool I will take a close up of them this Wednesday when I go back, its 100% not a buddleja or sambucas image 

• Oh actually I have a picture of something completely separate with the leave, if I post it on here can any of you perhaps identify it image

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,674

I have a shrub which lookds quite similar which is only just leafing out. It's a callicarpa bodinieri var. giraldii - fairly unusual, I think it's common name is Beauty bush but I could be wrong.The stems look much like yours at the moment. Supposed to have tiny bright purple berries late summer that birds like. Mine were so tiny, you could hardly see them but I have been told that two bushes are better for berrying. About 6- 10 ft high and deciduous. Fully hardy and does best in full sun.

What do others think?