Forum home Wildlife gardening

Mini pond

13»

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Look forward to the pics little bee.image

• Sorry MrsG still struggling with pics on here but very excited today as a frog has found his way into my pond I cant seem to see the icon anymore that lets you upload pics?
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,757

If you have tadpoles you have to have a very 

shallow end so they can get out, or rocks above the water line.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hi Lyn my pond is a plastic one & it has one side that has a small sloping ledge that comes from under the water up to the top its quite narrow but hopefully it will work the frog I have now is from somewhere else he just appeared 2 days ago I do have tadpoles in as someone gave me some frogspawn
  • Thanks peeps! At 4.30 I had no intention of having a pond, then I thought if Dove can make a pond out of a dustbin, I can make a pond out of an old freezer drawer! 

rain water and fish tank

Complete with canopy to protect from leaves and more to the point - footballs! Filled with rain water and fish tank water.

• Mrs garden your freezer drawer pond looks amazing,any update on it? Thank you 
  • The frogs love my belfast sink.I have a solar oxyginator in it and barley straw,but the water is still muddy.How can I clear it? or should I leave well alone?I have some floaty curly plants in it too! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,333
    If the frogs are happy with it I wouldn't worry  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Mmm that's what they said at the garden center.Going to do another small water garden out of a 50's tin bath.Hopefully that will stay clearer.Can I leave the plants I buy in the plastic pots they come in,or do I need to pop them in one of these baskets?Worried about the soil, oozing into the water and it being black again. Thanks for any help.