Forum home Plants

My Seedlings

13»

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Foreward planning there Mike, Honesty ready for flowering next year. Be careful of cold nights at the moment.

My honesty is flowering now, some came mauve, some are white, very pretty and its the only thing, apart from prims and daffs thats flowering in my garden just now.

When you come to potting up your cosmos, you can curl it right up in the new pots, right up to the shoulders of the seedling, then when they are taller, pinch out the tops and they will shoot out from the sides, also, pick off a

ny buds till the plant is a good size.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thanks Lyn tbh the Honesty I sowed with out checking I was given the seeds before xmas put in an envelope so no packet to check when to sow and I sowed them before I joined the forum or I would of asked never mind another lesson learned do you think it would be a good idea if I kept them in the house on window sill for now ? I really don't want to loose these.

As for the Cosmos excuse my lack of knowledge but I am not sure what you mean by curl it up sorry.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

If they are leggy, like a bit stretched, just curl them round in the new module or pot until they are buried almost up to the leaves. Its easier to do this if you put just a tiny bit of compost in the pot then curl up the plant and carefully tuck the compost round it. I will post a photo tomorrow.

I kept my honesty in until warmer, then hardened off through the summer,

Plant in their positions in the garden about September, they will over winter in the ground and flower next Spring.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• I get you now silly me, I did that with some leggy cabbages I had and managed to rescue a few, thanks for the advice it is appreciated alot
  • I potted the Honesty i had germinated yesterday and brought them into the house and put them on my window sill today they have shot right up image