Forum home Plants

My Seedlings

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

You can never have too many greenhouses, i am with greenhouses as some women are with shoes! Its so rewarding when you prick out then pot up and finally plant out, be very careful of slugs though, that is very disheartening.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Isn't it wonderful; am growing Delphiniums from seed this year as am completely addicted to them and it was starting to become an expensive habitimage

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Plants are so expensive, you can get loads from a packet of seeds, and they don't take that long to flower, next year they will be lovely, do watch for snails though, they will have them overnight. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• I have a lot of potting to do tomorrow and I mean alot,with the cornflowers what would people recommend should I pot them single or a couple in each pot ?
  • I managed to pot half my Cornflowers today lots still to pot which I will be doing tomorrow image
  • Sprig2Sprig2 Posts: 74

It is addictive isn't it!

Artjak - how are you getting on with Delphiniums from seed? I love them too but I have only gone as far as buying the smallest garden centre ones and potting on to grow on myself. Would love to do some from seed.

• I wish my seed trays looked like these!!

I have a small cheap plastic greenhouse and I'm mostly just getting problems from mine, can you come and show me how to do this properly so mine look like yours!!??

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,811

Yours are looking great Mickey. It's so exciting when they come up (and so heart breaking when a horrid slug gets them!).

Here are mine. But photo was about 2 weeks ago.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Busy-Lizzie wow looking great and yes those naughty slugs are a nightmare.

• Update on my seedlings.

Cornflowers thinned out and potted on Friday all apart from two looking great.

Chuffed to bits my Honesty germinated a couple of days ago image

I don't know why but i love the seed pods of the Honesty,picture a little bit blurred as i have shaky hands today.