Forum home Talkback

work

flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

I hate having to work when the weather is nice, i was working like a headless chicken all day, and wishing i was in my garden in that nice weather  image

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

It's horrible Smiler when nice weather is precious to us gardeners and everyone who comes in from outside rubs it in by telling you how lovely it is outside.  Hope it will be nice for you at the weekend (assuming you get the weekend off).

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

My passion used to be my work;  I was happy when I was called in for overtime or my phone went off at 02:30 with a customer calling for help. My friends thought me mad but honestly I was never happier. 

Now, after moving jobs when I made the foolish decision to give everything up to support my boyfriend when he got a very good job offer 100 miles from where I lived,  work is just a job. No spark and the most excitement we get is the odd power cut. Its awful and I've no idea how to look forward to another 40 years of this.

Then I realise, my boss pays me well but expects very little of me, so while I can't always get out to enjoy the lovely weather I am now on revision 67 of my vegetable garden image

• I always try to get up early on my days off to make the most of being out in the garden. I love my job - most of the time!

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Clarington, you sound how i feel, and Edd that is my dream, i would love to just Garden all day for a job, but where do start?, i too get up early on my day off because time is presious and we spend most of our time in work, sorry to go on : )
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    I will have to get my thinking cap on : )