Glass cutter

We want to buy a glass cutter suitable for GH glass has anyone bought one and would recommend it? Thanks KEF.

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

Thanks for info' Edd I thought we'd need to get something mega for re-inforced glass.

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,156

flymoimage

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

KEF, is your glass horticultural grade or the re-inforced stuff? You may need to get the re-inforced stuff cut professionally. Hopefully someone here will let you know.image

Archie do you mean Flymo do a glass cutter? or are you teasing me ? Flymo grass cutter image If teasing hope your weekend curry is a Korma image

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,156

noooooooooooh not kormaimage

Think I've mislead folks it's horticultural glass.

I've the chance of a replacement GH for my rotted wooden one, overgrown with ivy image but structure is sound, lots of broken pains, and need to hire a van. It couldn't be easy could it ? image it's one that is wider at base than top and I thought maybe glass from old one could be cut down to size.

Still deciding if worth effort to "dig it out" remove all the ivy to skip and pay van hire etc..bit hard to say no as OH  friend's Mum's and she wants rid, but don't want donkey work to find it a wreck..does look promising but a funny size. 7' wide, 7' 6" length, 5' at lowest height.

archiepem wrote (see)

noooooooooooh not kormaimage

Plus a side order of tikka masalaimage

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

As far as I'm aware, horticultural glass is just about the cheapest available.  If, as you say, some panes are broken, it ain't toughened or laminated.   An ordinary steel-wheel glass cutter should do the job.  What Edd sedd.

Thanks for replies Edd & Steve it must be horticultural glass. Will be having a trip to Wilko.

Don't know why I said re-inforced, senior moment or daft.

• phloxphlox Posts: 14

Hi , If you have to cut old ,secondhand glass , be sure you have more than enough glass,dont be afraid to braek some ,then my experience is: the more You are unsure  the more you will braek .