Heleborus

Pauline3Pauline3 Posts: 13

Hi All,

The Times Sat 1st March had an article on Heleborus Party Dress Group. 

I've not had any luck in tracking them down,  anyone out there know where they may be please ?  Thanks.

• lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

Try RHS plantfinder, that may give you a lead, but I personally haven't heard of them, but I will be having a look even after cursing mine yesterday for the thousands of seedlings all over the place. Good luck.

Just had a look, if you put helleborus party dress into a search thingy it comes up with websites of places selling them.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,932

Party dress hybrids are the double hellebores developed by Robin and Sue White at Blackthorn nursery.

Blackthorn Nursery
    Kilmeston, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 0NL
    Telephone: 01962 771796
    Fax: 01962 771071
    Location: One mile south of the A272, turn at New Cheriton about eight miles east of Winchester
    Opening: Friday February 9 and Saturday February 10, then every Friday and Saturday from March 2, 9am-5pm only.
    Catalogue: Send three 1st class stamps
    Mail order: No
    Hellebores: True-to-type seedlings in separate colours, Party Dress doubles and some species.        

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

Wow fidget, superb info. They are lovely, I got my mum one a couple of years ago and it's beautiful. I didn't realise until I looked up pictures of them today, that that was what I'd bought.