Forum home Problem solving

Hydrangea Magical Amethyst

Please can you give me some advice.  I have just bought as young plants a Hydrangea, I've planted and within one week the leaves have been ate away, and the plant appears to me to look withered....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,758

Hi Jacqui image

Can you tell us a bit more - where did you plant it, what is the soil like, does that spot get sun, shade etc and what sort of weather have you been having since you planted it?

Also, if you could show us a photo that'd be really helpful - to post a picture on here you click on the green tree icon on the toolbar above where you type your post, and follow the instructions. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi, thank you for your response.  I have planted the Hydrangea, facing North East in a border, soil is heavy and clay like.  The weather since I've planted, has been heavy rain, and my been a little water logged at the moment, but we're I have planted normally has full sun... I may be able to get a pic later as been in the North East today, it is thundering at the mo.  I bought 3 of these, and only planted one in this place, the other two are still thriving.  

• Can I also ask, which plants I can buy for a shade, moist part of a border.  I'm not knowledgable about planting, as I have only been gardening for a year