Clematis

CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

Hi everyone

Since I've had so much help from lots of people on this forum on many issues, I thought it would be nice for you to know that my 3 new clematis plants arrived this afternoon and are now safely planted.  The operation was a little more detailed than what I was doing this morning - shovelling up half a ton of top soil into a bag!  The clematis are Jackmanii Purprea, Duchess of Edinburgh and Summer Dream ... all from Taylors Clematis. 

Could someone tell me how to post a photo please?  I clicked on "upload" after selecting a photo but nothing happened.

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,736

Hi Charley, was WiFi on and in range, (I've had this problem before, also when not logged in which you obviously are!) Hope someone else can offer better advice, I'd love to see your photos.

• LynLyn Posts: 8,378

Sometimes it takes ages for the upload, try giving it a bit longer. I assume the photo number comes up in the box?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,071

I've found if you compress the image first it uploads a lot quicker.

have you tried from other devices, I can't upload photos from my phone, no problem from laptop and can be slow from iPad.
  • PhasmidPhasmid Posts: 41
    You have to press "submit" after "upload".
  • CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

Ok here goes ...

• CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

Thanks for your help with uploading the photos.  I was too impatient I think, but they did load very quickly at this time in the morning. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,623

My clematis viticella venosa violacae arrived from Taylors the other day, looking very healthy - it'll be planted shortly image

I have a Duchess of Edinburgh in this garden and I've grown it before elsewhere - it seems to take a while to get going and has been quite fussy about where it lives, really not liking much direct sun - once it gets going it's a beautiful thing image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
    Well done (at last) charley - your plants look great and healthy, im sure they will do well.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 14,653

Charley, I'd be wary of using chicken wire with perennial climbers. The trouble is that the stems grow through the wires and , in time as they swell, they can be cut with the wire. It's fine on the Texensis or viticella types of Clematis, as they're cut to the ground in spring, or something like sweet peas, but just watch to make sure, you might want to keep a pair of wire snips handy if they're looking a bit tight.

They do look lovely plants.

Devon.