Forum home Talkback

Insurance cheque arrived, Polytunnel 2 , here we come.

Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,434

A quick update for those who saw my destroyed greenhouse after one of the winter storms. The insurance company have sent a cheque to replace it and I'm going for another polytunnel. I am so excited.

Devon.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Brill news Hosta, remember your photo image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,434

thanks KEF. I had my doubts, but they've coughed up the full amount. 

Devon.
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Just in time then Hosta for the start of the season - all the best with the replacement.

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

Oh how exciting! What's it going to be used for? image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

How big was it, Hostafan.?

I bought one for £80 last weekend from the garden centre.  The assembly took less than 2 hours.

3m x 2m polytunnel. next to my old 12 ft x 8ft greenhouse.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

I have a 56ft x 21ft tunnel already ( can be seen in original photo ) so I'm going to have another tunnel, but poly all the way down. Then I'll have a hot tunnel and a cool tunnel.

Devon.

I reckon once I've paid the builders for the groundwork, I'll have enough for 21ft x 48ft.

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

Thats a big polytunnel. It puts my baby to shame.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

the piles at the background are woodchip a local tree surgeon brings me. I just called the first one I saw advertised, and he brings me anything he can't sell. Win / win for both of us. Try it, you never know your luck.

Devon.

fidgetbones, that tunnel on the left is bigger than my last garden. I do realise I'm very lucky.

Devon.