Forum home Talkback

how to look after plant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152708658689951&l=4b22c3aa7c

hi I just moved into a new house and I don't know how to look after this plant in my garden I think it needs cutting back just don't know how far or even what plant it is can any1 help me ill attach a picture of it.

thanks

Ray

• It looks abit like a Momosa I have but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,591

image  The picture I was looking at was a Euphorbia. Its now in flower. You can cut the stalks back to the base when its finished flowering. Use gloves. The sap will irritate skin especially in sunshine.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,431

I got a euphorbia as well

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,953

Definitely euphorbia image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,877

I'd go so far as to say euphorbia characias subsp wulfenii

Devon.
  • Glad you guys answered this post my neighbour identified my what she said was a Momosa so I've just googled Europhorbia and matched it to my plant image which means I have a Europhorbia to so glad I joined this forum now image
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,431

I wouldn't ask that neighbour for any gardening advice Michaelimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,953

Agree with Verdun - don't get the sap on your skin, especially on a sunny day - but apart from that it's a great plant. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.