Forum home Talkback

tools I no longer need

Have tried Gumtree and eBay, with no success and wondered if anyone knew of a gardening website that allows members to put stuff up for sale on a board?

Thank you!

• Sorry Jess don't know of anywhere. I guess you could always try one of those postcard ads at the local newsagent/supermarket. If that doesn't work a small ad in a local free paper and failing that there's always the car boot option.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,598

Local boot fairs are probably best. If you advertise on the net you dont know who will be calling. Some genuine buyers but you never can tell.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I get brilliant gardening tools at v. good prices from my local Wisbech car boot. I think it costs the stall holder £5 or £6 to stall out. I would do it before Easter; that's when a lot of people get interested in gardeningimage

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

you could try a postcard advert at the local allotments.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • djjjukdjjjuk Posts: 211

what kind of stuff Jess ?

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

If all else fails you could give them away to your local Freecycle people.

• Thanks all image

• dj some really good fiskars lawn shears 

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Just had another thought Jess - are you on facebook as you could put a posting on there stating the price you would like.  This has worked with some of my relatives.

• Ooh Forester, good idea! Thank you.