Forum home Plants

looking for prunus!

hi, wonder if anyone knows where i might find-prunus oakville crimson spire, thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,126

Lots of suppliers in Australia http://www.flemings.com.au/ornamental_details.asp?CULT_ID=FASTNIGR but can't find any in UK. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

I had a look in plantfinder and was going to send a lin kbut drew a blank

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

That seems like a very tricky-to-get-hold-of tree. May I ask why you want that particular cultivar? As there are many others that are similar, would they be of interest? image

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

I have prunus cerasifera nigra - which is readily available and similar colour to what you are looking for.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

Where did you see this plant Denise and what makes it distinctive?

There may be a very similar cultivar in the UK.

• thanks everyone! yes, available in australia-though postage may be a little steep haha. looking for a small very slim tree with red/purple leaves. thanks again

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043

Prunus trilobas are very nice had one on my last garden, keep meaning to get another.

• prunus cerasifera oakville crimson spire is the name you are looking for  flemings nurseries is one place you might try but there is a snag its in australia

skodaboy67 wrote (see)

prunus cerasifera oakville crimson spire is the name you are looking for  flemings nurseries is one place you might try

As has already been established, Flemings are in Australia - the request is for a supplier for the UK. image