solar powered water feature

Would like a water feature, but don't have electricity in the garden. Does anyone know how good the solar powered ones are please. Have seen a couple on internet I like but wonder on how well they perform.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,663

Hi scroggin, I wanted a small ornamental feature to stand next to the patio. I don't have a pond although I would like oneimage?....perhaps i should and that would be the water feature!! 

Ooh scroggin, you're making my wish list even longer, lol imageimage

• In  my opinion solar powered are not that effective as normally the water feature will be quite small in design and can become lost on a patio area if the area is a normal sized. Why don't you  arrange to have water resistant socket outlet that are quite easy and cheap to have installed. This will then give you more choice in the type and size of water feature you will be able to have. The cables can normally be run underground  through some hosepipe from protection 

i got mine fitted by a qualified electrician and cost me £50 including parts

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

My mum also wants a solar powered water feature, she simply doesn't want to have electricity put in. I also wondered if anyone has tried the solar power ones? She would be happy with a little trickle rather than a fountain.

We didn't want to dig up the patio to put the cable in the ground. Didn't think you could have a socket without having the cable go underneath.

Didn't 

want a very large feature, but did wonder how effective they wereimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,594

I thought it said Sofa - powered water feature image  must get some new glasses!!!

If you look on Amazon there's lots of solar powered garden water features etc - have a look and read the reviews - they persuaded me that the technology isn't advanced enough yet. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh