found some begonia tubers..

djjjukdjjjuk Posts: 212

Hi,

having just been back to the house to pick some bits and pieces up, i noticed that thrown over the back fence (!) from thompson and morgan are a pack of begonia tubers 'Apricot Shades' (x10). sadly i have no idea how long they have been there, although it must have been a while as the whole pack was quite wet - the delivery note inside soaked and tatty.

so ... what to do with these now! they are essentially free, i have no idea why they have been delivered as they arent something i would have chosen particularly so presumably they were free as part of a previous order some time ago. i see they should have planted in february, and with them being dumped outside in probably days of rain, sun and elements (albeit in a pack) im not sure if its worth bothering with them. 10 of them aswell, i dont think i even have any spare pots for them! might have some space outside directly in the ground if thats worth a shot.

• cairnsiecairnsie Posts: 389

They not frost hardy so would imagine that would have killed them. Supose you could still try and plant them its worth a try.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,122

Put them in a seed tray with potting compost, see if they start to sprout. Can't lose anything by trying it. If they come then pot them on, if not compost them.

• You might be suprised I have tried both methods, lifting tubers and drying them and also leaving them in the ground over winter. Both methods work for me although I have lost a couple when I have left them in. Put them in a tray of compost I bet some of them will sprout.