Forum home Talkback

polyanthus

djjjukdjjjuk Posts: 211

Hi,

a while back i bought a load of polyanthus cheap - about 16p per plant. these were and still are in polystyrene modules. due to recent circumstances i have not been able to do anything with them. they are still in great flower however once they finish im not sure what to do with them. i could possibly put them at the front of a new border but that would not be doable for maybe a weekend or two away. will it be too late to plant them in a border before the end of the month?

EDIT: meant to post this in plants, could a mod move it please?

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,479

I just planted out a couple of packs which I bought last Autumn but didn't get round to planting at the time. They are still healthy plants and should be fine.  If you can't get them into the border I would think about popping them into a large pot or other container.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,593

I agree with SH, just put them anywhere you like in the garden, mine are all over the place, sun, shade, they go on fine, you can dig them up in the Autumn and use in your tubs.

Dont worry where you post anything, we 

read the lot!.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,568

I never notice where anyone posts anything. It all ends up in the same place.

I agree, good tempered plants. They can't take full sun on some of my soil though Lyn