hellebores

lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

I bought a new hellebore today by accident. The question is can you divide them, because it's a new variety and I'd like a bed full of them and I know it may not come true to form from seed.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,831

You can. It is normally done in Autumn. For some reason that is when Hellebores form new roots.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,776

I love that Lisa-  I bought a new hellebore 'by accident'....

You really meant to get bread and milk didn't you? imageimage

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Let it seed whatever else you do Lisa. You might get something even betterimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790
    lisa massey wrote (see)

I bought a new hellebore today by accident. .........

She's one of us image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

She is Dove.

I have a PS to add

I wouldn't be hacking into anything I'd paid real money for in the first year

• lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

I'll leave it alone, I promise. I did just pop into the G/C for some yellow rattle seed and you know what it's like, I just had a look around and there was this lovely new hellebore with lovely big round lobed leaves and massive upturned flowers on 18" long stalks, I'm quite shocked that I only came home with one.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,271

What sort is it ,?Lisa.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.

and where is the photo

• lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

I cant send a photo, I've taken them, got them into my puter, pressed the little picture icon in the toolbar above where, got to the point where it says save, press save but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?