Forum home Talkback

Can someone please recommend me great colourful pink/red/ climber :)

Hi, I am after planting a really colourful red/pink climber in my sisters south facing garden and was wondering what I could plant?? Any ideas, I was thinking perhaps a honey suckle but was wondering if there where any more out there image Thank you

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,208

Clematis are lovely and there are lots of pink or red onesimage

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • LiznessLizness Posts: 79

Clematis Etoile Rose is very pink! Cup shaped or for a more open larger flower 'Nelly Moser'

Or there is Campsis Radicans but depends where abouts in UK you are cos maybe a bit soft?

• Ok I will take a look at those, thank you image

• Ashleigh 2Ashleigh 2 Posts: 256

Hi Paul, this is Clematis 'Barbara' it flowers from June to September.

• Ashleigh 2Ashleigh 2 Posts: 256

This is Clematis'Ruutel' also flowers June to September.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,384

What about Actinidia kolomikta?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/16.shtml 

Not something I've grown myself, but it does look very pretty, and carries a lot of pink for a large part of the year. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

How about Tropaeolum speciosum, you can grow it through other plants

• Ooo good...lots more ideas to view on-line

Thanks a lot everyone image
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,179

Lots of clematis varieties will be lovely  Paul. You'll be spoilt for choice with colours from pale pinks to deep reds. If you want a red - Rouge Cardinal or Niobe are lovely - not scarlet but a deep sultry colour. Lots of us recommend looking at Taylors Clematis Nursery online as you'll get loads of info on there. Only problem is that you'll struggle to pick just one! image

PS -Someone mentioned Nellie Moser - it fades badly in a sunny aspect and is best on shady wall or fence. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Nothing like having variety in life to choose from, I will take a look at those. Thank you image