Forum home The potting shed

Funny bird behaviour

Just thought I'd share something funny I saw today.

We were decorating someone's house (that's what I do for a living at the moment). I looked out of the window and kept seeing this long tailed tit dancing around on the windscreen of my girlfriends car. 

I couldn't work out what it was doing. I went out to have a look, then realised what it was doing. She has a little black and white solar powered panda that wiggles it's hips on her dashboard and this little bird spent all day trying to court it.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

aw bless. I had a friend who had to put socks over his wing mirrors because pied wagtails used to try to scare off the other pied wagtails which lived IN his mirrors.

Your story beats that.

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,705

LOLimage

I bet I know someone who'd like a solar powered panda.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,257

Blessimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • everoseveros Posts: 55

Talking about strange bird behaviour.  I've noticed each Spring for the last 3 years.  A bluetit keeps flying at my conservatory window (don't know how long they live, maybe it's they same one), it only happens in early spring.  I have a nest box on the wall close by.  I wondered if it's guarding the box prior to nesting.