Last 3 plant ID's

I now know what all the plants in my garden are, apart from 3 which are these on the pics, the bushy purple coloured one I have a feeling is a variety of one I know but the name escapes me.  The tall green leafy one flowers in the summer and I think has a bulb at the bottom, the other one I have no idea But looks very pretty when raindrops are sat on it!!

Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,776

In the first pic, the one on the left is a hebe - possibly 'Heartbreaker'.

The one with the raindrops is an aquilegia.

The third could be a hemerocallis aka day lily - but we'll know better when it has it's flowers 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • LynLyn Posts: 8,409

Purple one is a hebe, needs a good trim, next, i cant really see, not a close up photo, may be aquilegia, bottom one could be day lilly, needs splitting up.

Wait for some other suggestions, i could be wrong.

Closer photo,s would be easier to identify.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Oh, and those innocent looking little green sprigs behind the aquilegia?  

That's Hairy Bittercress and it's a weed and it spreads like mad so pull them up quickly and don't put them in the compost heap!!! image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

If I click on the pics they enlarge - don't they do that for everyone? 

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Thank you everyone image Dove, I hope you are wrong about the Hairy Bittercress, it should be a Papaver from GW, I have 3 of them image

My next question was going to be about trimming and splitting, this is something I haven't done a lot of so am very much learning!!!

I will take some closer shots now.

• hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,346

Looks like a nice heatlhy large aquilegia, that should give some beautiful flowers in a couple of months.

I can enlarge them hereimage

Here are some better pics taken with my camera.  I have included the Papaver 'Harlem' for Dove to see it closer too.  There should have been 4 according to be note book but there are only 3 so I've lost 1! image

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

Those seedlings are definitely bittercress - out with them! The Hebe could be 'Red Edge'.

Which ones Landgirl?  Are you and Dove meaning the tiny little ones behind the plants or the top picture above (which is the Papaver - apparently image).

I am hoping to get out and do a bit of weeding later so anything that I haven't planted or don't know what it is will be gone image

Is it this one that's the Hairy Bittercress? (I hope so!)