Forum home The potting shed

I am a sniffer.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,358

Are you saying I'm a dog Tracey.....image

Ooh petrol Edd image

The white spirit at work as well....image

Love Basil and Thyme.

And the way soil smells in spring and summer after a heavy shower image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

LOL Fairy, of course not image I just thought it was quite comical as I've never used it before and can't believe the reaction from my hounds image

Petrol......urghhhhhhhh, when I was pregnant my hubbie had to fill the car up because to the smell made me feel so ill!  

Now my plant in the garden has been identified I can also add Artemisia to my list of smells I like, it is next to be lavender by the patio area and the smell in the summer is amazing image

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

I let my Choisya grow over the path because I love the spicy, savoury smell when I brush past.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Choisya, yes, that's another one. Plus the frits I mentioned on another thread earlier.

Hates are elder and that stuff OH paints on bikes then hoses off  to clean them.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,403

Petrol urrrrgggg!image 

Like the smell of my jasmine by my door, but is that cheating cos  its the flower not the leaves. But if not honeysuckle

Yes Tracey freshly bathed babies, long time ago now thoimage

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Scented perlagonium leaves, can't remember the one in particular to do with rose, atar? ...something like that. I don't grow them anymore as they just seem to shout whitefly here I am.

I don't sniff but enjoy smell of curry plant wafting on a Summer evening also oregano they remind me of walks amongst the wild herbs in Greece. imageimage

Nut,  I hate the smell of Elder and Pyracantha in blossom, all I niff is Tom Cat. image

Verdon soz but I don't like the smell of Agastache mexicana "Red Fortune" it's making my GH pong.

• BamboogieBamboogie Posts: 239

I love the new growth on my myrtle tree - intoxicating!

is it just me but i find curry plant smells of celery!?!?

KEF - Hawthorn says cat pee to me too, and I know what you mean about Pyracantha but I can forgive them since they are so great for wildlife image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I can't stand the smell of methylated spirit, makes me feel really sick.  Also don't like Jeyes fluid really but needs must image

Love them both Tracey....image

I think I need help....image